Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mad as A March Hare

Hello again!  Sorry about the long delay, had a super busy week...Plus, last weeks entry was about a piece of anxiety I have yet to let go of and it threw me out of whack fo a few days.  That's one of the things about anxiety, sometimes, you can be feeling A okay, tip top, and then suddenly it can come back in one felt swoop. 
It was still impossible for me to be alone.  I hated when my parents worked, and they both did often.  I still would go with my mom to work and hang out at the library, but I was doing something I'd always done.  I was ignoring.  I was running from it.  And I wasnt dealing with it, which was what needed to be done.  I honestly didnt have the courage to face it.  I was doing everything in my power to run from it, but I didnt realize I needed to meet it face on, that running was making me exhausted.  I couldnt help it though I was afraid that if I faced it, I would find some terrible thing wrong with me.  I had researched so many mental disorders at that point, i was afraid of even going to a doctor to talk about it.  I asked my mom if she would let me get on medicine, but the therapist was adamant against it.  She told me it was all in my head and I didnt need medicine, I just needed to come to terms with whatever was setting me off. 
At this point, I felt certifiably insane.  You could lock me up in Bedlam and I would agree with you that I needed to be there.  Everything was falling apart, and I couldnt keep my grip on things.  I was lying to my friends, telling them I was fine, nothing was wrong.  My grades were balancing out but they were still the worst I'd ever had, teetering on Cs and I still was only sleeping for about a few hours every night, which was making me irritable and boarish, and I would repeat this day after day after day...
Finally my mom sat me down.  I needed to stop the routine.  I needed to break the shell and get free.  I needed to hang out with my friends again and get out of the house.  This was only the first step though, something I wasn't prepared for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment